North American Membership Group’s 2014 Top Tool Tester Contest
1. WHO CAN ENTER (ELIGIBILITY):
This contest is open to members of the National Home Gardening Club (NHGC) and the Handyman Club of America (HCA) and who (i) are legal residents in the contiguous United States and (ii) are 21 years of age or older at their time of entry.
Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of Reed Exhibitions and employees (and their immediate families and household members) of North American Membership Group, Inc., are not eligible. Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of any advertising and promotion agencies associated with this Contest also are not eligible.
This contest is void where prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
2. HOW TO ENTER:
(a) No Purchase Necessary. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning.
(b) Online Contest Application. You may enter only by fully completing the Contest application online within the contest pages of GardeningClub.com and HandymanClub.com. To enter, you must fully complete and submit the Contest application online. The Contest Application requires the following:
• Contestant’s complete name, date of birth, mailing address, email address, and daytime telephone number;
• Contestant’s valid National Home Gardening Club or Handyman Club of America member number;
• Brief statement of contestant’s do-it-yourself and/or gardening experience (i.e. years of practice, occupation, skills, etc.);
• Statement addressing: “why [applicant] best represents the National Home Gardening Club or Handyman Club of America as a Top Tool Tester.” Responses should be kept between 300-500 words; and
• Up to three photos of gardens or recent projects.
(c) Entries must be received on or before 11:59 PM (EST), March 15th, 2014.
(d) Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries become the property of North American Membership Group, Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries will be considered invalid and ineligible to win. Not responsible for lost, misdirected, illegible, mistranscribed or late entries, server unavailability, or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
3. CONTEST PERIOD:
Entries may be submitted from (i) January 1, 2014 to 11:59 PM (EST), March 15th, 2014.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
(a) Contestants, based on their entry applications, will be judged by Gardening How-To magazine and HANDY magazine editors on home and gardening project experience levels and knowledge and understanding of hardware applications. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
(b) Up to fifteen (15) finalists will be contacted by email and phone by judges for final consideration. Judges will select a total of six (6) first place winners (two National Home Gardening Club members, four Handyman Club members) from the finalists.
(c) The judges reserve the right to contact contestants for additional critiquing and questioning.
(d) Judges’ decisions concerning all matters related to this contest are final and binding.
(e) The six (6) first place winners will be selected and notified by North American Membership Group, Inc. by email and telephone by April 1, 2014.
(a) A total of six (6) prizes will be awarded (one to each first place winner) (total estimated value of all prizes is US $8,400). Each of the six (6) first place winners will receive:
National Hardware Show Package
* One (1) coach class round-trip airline ticket to Las Vegas, Nevada from anywhere within the contiguous United States to attend the 2013 National Hardware Show
* Three (3) Night hotel stay in a standard room during the 2014 National Hardware Show (the hotel stay awarded includes the basic room rate and applicable room taxes and does not include other hotel expenses, such as, but not limited to, phone calls, in-room movies, bar tabs, catering, meals and other incidentals)
*All-access pass to the 2014 National Hardware Show
*A $100 American Express gift card
*One (1) dinner with Gardening How-To magazine and HANDY magazine staff members during the 2014 National Hardware Show
*Miscellaneous Gardening How-To magazine and HANDY magazine merchandise
*Miscellaneous 2014 National Hardware Show merchandise
Total Estimated value = US $1,400 per winner.
(b) Please be aware there may be a tax liability in accepting a prize (See Rule No. 7 below).
(c) In order to receive his/her respective prize, each winner must provide a completed with “Tool Tester Release Form Affidavit” form for tax purposes by Friday, April 11, 2014, to North American Membership Group, Inc., by fax (952-988-7197) or e-mail ( memberservices@HandymanClub.com or memberservices@GardeningClub.com, Attn: 2014 Top Tool Testers Contest).
6. GENERAL RULES: Prizes are nontransferable and no substitution will be allowed, except by the Sponsors, who reserve the right to award a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value. Sponsors and their respective agencies assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of a prize. Each winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) within ten (10) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. By accepting prize, each winner agrees to grant permission to Sponsors to use winner’s name, voice, likeness and photograph for publicity purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the judges.
7. TAXES: A 1099-MISC will be issued to each winner. Each winner is solely responsible for taxes on the prize received and should consult a tax professional to determine his or her tax liability. The Sponsors are not allowed to give tax advice.
8. WINNERS LIST: Winners’ names will be published in Gardening How-ToHANDY magazine and HANDY magazine at North American Membership Group’s sole discretion. For the winners' names, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by April 30, 2014, to: 2014 Top Tool Testers Contest Winners, North American Membership Group, Inc., 12301 Whitewater Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55343.
9. ONLINE ENTRY DISCLAIMER: Sponsors are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. No responsibility is assumed for: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, or software; or failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Contest.
10. SPONSORS: The Sponsors of this promotion are North American Membership Group, Inc., 12301 Whitewater Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55343, and Reed Exhibitions, 383 Main Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851.