A healthy, well-landscaped lawn can increase your property value by as much as 15 percent. Here are six suggestions from the Professional Landcare Network on how to improve your front lawn and landscape:
1. Create clean lines. Make sure your garden beds have a well-defined edge. Add fresh mulch to improve the looks of your beds.
2. Have your trees and shrubs professionally pruned. Do-it-yourself pruning can result in disaster if it’s done wrong. Spend $40 to $60 per hour and hire a professional.
3. Add color. Place a well-designed container at the front entry to add a burst of color to your front door. Add some colorful annuals to your garden beds.
4. Spruce up your lawn. Mow, edge, and trim your lawn and get rid of weeds. Install sod or reseed in empty spots.
5. Clean up. Power-wash walkways, driveways, front porches, and other areas that have become tracked with dirt.
6. Paint the house foundation. A neutral-colored paint will cover up outdoor dirt and scuffs and provide an attractive backdrop for foundation plantings.