Ornamental grasses are popular--and justifiably so. With their good looks and weather resistance, what's not to like? To help you sort through the many different grasses available, researchers in North Dakota evaluated some of the most popular drought-tolerant grasses. Their selections for top-performing grasses include:
- Altai wildrye, Elymus angustus
- Feather reed grass, Calamagrostis x acutiflora 'Karl Foerster'
- Miscanthus, Miscanthus sacchariflorus
- Red miscanthus, Miscanthus sinensis 'Purpurascens'
- Sand bluestem, Andropogon hallii