Enter the 2012 Photo Contest for your change to win great prizes!
Submissions guidelines for digital photos
• Digital photos must be shot at the highest resolution possible, using a 2.5 megapixel camera or higher, and formatted as a JPEG.
• If you print out digital photos, use high-quality photographic paper. Print photo 5 by 7 inches or larger.
• If you send a CD, please label CD and case.
• Do not send digitally compressed or “zipped” photos.
• Do not e-mail photos. To submit digital photos, go to
Photo guidelines and tips
• Gardens photograph best in early morning, late afternoon, or on hazy days. Avoid shooting in bright sunlight.
• Use a tripod for sharp focus.
• Don’t include distracting elements, such as stray garden hoses or garbage cans, in the photograph.
• Don’t use special effects or shapes in cropping, and make sure your camera’s time/date stamp is turned off.
• Send no more than three photos per member.
• We accept color slides (original 35 mm or larger), high-quality prints, and digital images.
• With each print, slide, or digital image, please include your name, address, daytime phone number, and member number. Describe the people in the photo (if any) and
their relationship to you, and provide common and botanical names (if known) for all plants. Please label each slide or print clearly: do not tape them together.
• Photos must be of your own garden (not public parks or gardens) and must be taken by you.
• Send entries, postmarked before July 1, 2012, to:
National Home Gardening Club
Garden Photo Contest
12301 Whitewater Dr.,
Hopkins, MN 55343-2138
• To submit digital photos, go to
www.gardeningclub.com/photoentry and follow the instructions.
• We regret that we cannot return any materials or acknowledge receipt of